Sewer Repair Services For Residential Properties in Seattle
When your home in Seattle has plumbing issues, it can create a lot of stress, especially when it’s a sewer line problem. But that’s where Acclaim Plumbing & Drain Inc. can help. Our sewer repair services are sure to come up with a pragmatic solution so that your home’s plumbing in Seattle is back to normal.
Sewage breaks or clogs are one of the least-fun issues to encounter as a homeowner. If you notice signs that there might be a problem with your sewer pipe, it’s important to address the issue right away to avoid risking a much worse problem.
When you realize there’s something wrong with your sewer main, you need to address the problem as quickly as you can before it gets worse. To determine whether or not you have a bad sewer line, you can look out for these things:
- An odor of wastewater in your yard
- Sewage stench emitting from your drains
- Wastewater from the dishwasher comes up through your kitchen sink
- Wastewater coming up through your bathtub drain
- Toilets, sinks, and bathtubs draining slower than usual
Common Issues That Lead to Sewer Line Repairs
Tree roots are a common problem when it comes to sewer lines becoming damaged because these roots have a tendency to intrude your pipes. When tree roots grow toward the path of your pipes, they can place pressure on them and grow their way into the seams. This will obstruct the flow in your sewer pipes by creating a net that collects debris over time until your pipes are completely blocked. Also, when the roots increase in size, they can make cracks in your pipes and this will cause a sewer line break in your yard.
Some other common issues that occur with sewer lines include:
- Buildup of Grease
- Pipe Damage
- Misaligned Pipes
If you’re getting any sort of back flow in your tubs, showers, toilets, or sinks, you need to stop all running water until the problem is resolved by a professional sewer repair contractor. You want to eliminate any risk of flooding.
Here are a few final tips to keep in mind when you are dealing with your sewer line problems:
- If you have an older sewer line, ask for an estimate to replace your entire line. Depending on the amount of work involved, it might not be that much more expensive than the repair you are taking care of right now and will save you major problems down the road. Modern sewer solutions are better at resisting root overgrowth and general pipe aging.
- Find out what proportion of the sewer line work is your responsibility and how much of it is of the responsibility of the city. The sewer line under your property belongs to you, but past the Y-joint that leads to the city sewer main, it’s the city that should pay for updates or repairs.
Call Acclaim Plumbing & Drain Inc. Today
If your Seattle home is in need of sewer repair services, then call Acclaim Plumbing & Drain Inc. today. Our experienced sewer repair contractors will be able to resolve and fix the issue of your sewer line in a timely manner. You can rest assured that you’ll be in good hands with our insured, licensed professionals.